Castle Golf Club has a thriving Juvenile Golfers section with approximately 180 Juvenile members.
For more information about our Juvenile golf section, contact the General Manager on +353 1 490 4207
Extract from Bye Laws – Juvenile Playing Times
A juvenile member is a member who is 10 years of age on the 1st day of January in the year of first application up to and including a member who is 17 years of age on the 1st day of January in the year of final application.
The playing rights of Juvenile members shall be dictated by the category to which they belong. There shall be 2 categories:-
Category 1 a Category 1 player is a player who has been nominated by the Juvenile Committee and approved by the Management Committee to be granted additional playing rights;
Category 2 a Category 2 player is a player who has not yet been classed as a Category 1 player or any person under 18 who has been invited to play golf in the Club.
Priority of play on the golf course shall be in the following order:-
1. Club competitions;
2. Club matches;
3. Adult members;
4. Juvenile members.
There are three areas for practice in the Club as follows:-
(a) Area A: the area to the left of the 14th fairway;
(b) Area B: the putting green;
(c) Area C: the Valley Course (covered by the Valley Course Bye
First Tee Reserved for Juvenile Members
The first tee is reserved for Juvenile Members from 7.30 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays from June to September.
Juvenile Members Playing Rights
Juvenile Members have priority during juvenile competition otherwise must give way to
other classes of members on the first tee, practice area and putting green.
Juveniles Members (G.U.I. and I.L.G.U) who have achieved a current handicap of 12 or
less (G.U.I.) or 34 or less (I.L.G.U.) are permitted to play in the morning Fourball, if
invited by a Full, Six Day or Junior member.
Category 1 - Nominated Juveniles
Have access to the course including the putting green and practice area on Monday,
Thursday, Friday and Sunday. In addition such members may play as follows:
• During the competition if the 1st hole is free from tee to green playing in the same format as the ILGU competition with the exception of majors, hampers and PGA Tankard.
• After the ILGU competition.
• On the practice area, valley and putting green.
• In the competition with the exception of majors, hampers and PGA Tankard. Only Juvenile Girls may enter their name on a Tuesday competition timesheet after 10am on the Sunday immediately preceding the competition.
• Up to 11.00am
• After the Wednesday competition.
• During the competition if the 1st hole is free from tee to green playing in the same format as the GUI competition.
• After the GUI competition.
• on the practice area, valley and putting green.
• in the competition with a current handicap of 12 (GUI) or less except Majors. These Juveniles may only enter their name on a Saturday competition timesheet after 10am on the Thursday immediately preceding the competition. They may play in Hampers for Golfer of the Year (GOY) points but only if they are within 25 points of the leader.
Category 2 - Juvenile Members
Have access to the course including the putting green, valley and practice area as follows:
• Monday, Thursday and Friday;
• up to 5.00pm and thereafter if accompanied by an adult.
• May commence play if accompanied by an adult up to 3.30pm only if the first hole is clear from tee to green except during Majors, Hampers and PGA Tankard.
• Up to 11.00 a.m.
• After the competition if accompanied by an adult
After the GUI competition if accompanied by an adult.
• If accompanied by an adult.